SAUTÉED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
BY MELISSA HAMILTON AND CHRISTOPHER HIRSHEIMER
BON APPÉTIT JANUARY 2014
YIELD: Makes 8 servings
ACTIVE TIME:15 minutes
3 - 1/4 cup Canal House Teriyaki Sauce
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
2 - 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
* Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
* Add mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally,
* until tender and golden brown, 8–10 minutes.
* Add 2 tablespoons water to skillet
* and cook, tossing mushrooms occasionally,
* until water is evaporated and mushrooms are tender,
* about 2 minutes longer. Transfer mushrooms to a medium bowl
* and toss with teriyaki sauce.